Here at the Thrasher-Horne Center, weddings are second nature. Our massively accommodating Events Center has played host to hundreds of perfect weddings for couples all over the region. As a result, we’ve encountered numerous bridal checklists – all of which provided varying degrees of personal success for the new bride. After witnessing the best and the worst, we’ve assembled the following as your ultimate go-to list, which we’ll be doling out in monthly installments to keep you on schedule until your big day.
Time is ticking along, Winter has segued to Spring, and you are now finding yourself two months into your brand new engagement. You’ve checked off all the boxes on the first month’s planning checklist, as well as the second month, and now you’re ready for your next round of tasks. Luckily, the Thrasher-Horne Center is here to provide you with Part Three of our yearlong wedding planning guide. Below, you’ll find your next steps on the path to a perfectly smooth blissful wedding.
Staying organized will keep you on track while you try to make your wedding memorable, awesome and creative. The items on our monthly checklists are your perfectly portioned must-do’s to make this spectacular event come together in a way that only we know how.
ABOUT 8 TO 9 MONTHS BEFORE
Great job so far
While you’re still making and changing plans, there are some things that need your attention if you want your guests to be happy, too.
- Find three hotels at different price points for your out of town guests and book a block of rooms at a discounted rate. Not everyone will choose to stay in a high-end hotel, so make sure you choose hotels for everyone’s budget.
- Create gift registries. Look for gifts with pricing that everyone attending will be able to afford.
- Begin planning your honeymoon. Have you been to Aruba yet? Looking for an adventurous honeymoon? Look forward to this opportunity to kick back and relax after all the planning you and your fiancée (now new spouse) have done!
- Browse wedding invitation designs and all the accompanying stationary. The options are endless and you want to make sure they reflect the theme you have chosen.
- Refine the guest list and mail your “Save the Date” cards. Include the link to your website. The guests will be able to post their congratulations and thoughts on your site. Keep everyone up to date via social media.
The Ideal Setting for your Wedding Day… The Thrasher-Horne Center, one venue which has it all!
Many stunning weddings have already been held at the Thrasher-Horne Conference Center! Nestled on the scenic St. Johns River State College campus in Orange Park, this venue provides the perfect atmosphere for your wedding and/or reception, with ample free guest parking, flexible catering choices with a full staging kitchen, and an accessible location right in the heart of Clay County. Comprised of six suites that can provide space in whatever design you envision, such as the Grand Banquet Room with comfortable space for up to 240 guests including enough room for dancing. Additionally, our other banquet or theatre spaces are the perfect setting for your wedding ceremony, combining both of your venue needs into one!
Call 904-276-6815 or visit http://weddingsjacksonvillefl.com to schedule an appointment with a Thrasher-Horne Center Wedding Specialist today!