Here at the Thrasher-Horne Center, weddings are second nature. Our massively accommodating Events Center has played host to hundreds of perfect weddings for couples all over the region. As a result, we’ve encountered numerous bridal checklists – all of which provided varying degrees of personal success for the new bride. After witnessing the best and the worst, we’ve assembled the following as your ultimate go-to list, which we’ll be doling out in monthly installments to keep you on schedule until your big day.
Time is ticking along, We are now headlong into a Spring that’s feeling more and more like Summer everyday, and you are now finding yourself three months into your brand new engagement. You’ve checked off all the boxes on the first month’s planning checklist (as well as the second month and the third), and now you’re ready for your next round of tasks. Luckily, the Thrasher-Horne Center is here to provide you with Part Four of our yearlong wedding planning guide. Below, you’ll find your next steps on the path to a perfectly smooth blissful wedding.
Staying organized will keep you on track while you try to make your wedding memorable, awesome and creative. The items on our monthly checklists are your perfectly portioned must-do’s to make this spectacular event come together in a way that only we know how.
ABOUT 6 TO 7 MONTHS BEFORE
You’re rocking it
You are on your way and you can’t believe how much more there is to do! Good thing you have this checklist.
- Book your florist. Try to find one who specializes in weddings and can give you unique ideas to go with your theme.
- Book the hotel room for your wedding night. Make sure it’s romantic and management knows it’s your wedding night. Oftentimes there are suites available for this special occasion.
- Meet with the officiant to discuss the ceremony and confirm you have all the official documents. You also need to make sure you have applied for that marriage license.
- Choose cake styles and schedule tastings. Yummy!
- Arrange transportation for the bridal party. Consider what you are wearing during this step. Remember, entries and exits from certain modes of transportation can be a bit tricky in a fancy dress.
- Purchase wedding invitations. Addressing them yourself can be a time-consuming process, so take that into consideration when making your time and money budgets.
- Decide on groomsmen attire. Don’t forget to include your fiancée on this decision!
- Purchase wedding bands.
The Ideal Setting for your Wedding Day… The Thrasher-Horne Center, one venue which has it all!
Many stunning weddings have already been held at the Thrasher-Horne Conference Center! Nestled on the scenic St. Johns River State College campus in Orange Park, this venue provides the perfect atmosphere for your wedding and/or reception, with ample free guest parking, flexible catering choices with a full staging kitchen, and an accessible location right in the heart of Clay County. Comprised of six suites that can provide space in whatever design you envision, such as the Grand Banquet Room with comfortable space for up to 240 guests including enough room for dancing. Additionally, our other banquet or theatre spaces are the perfect setting for your wedding ceremony, combining both of your venue needs into one!
Call 904-276-6815 or visit http://weddingsjacksonvillefl.com to schedule an appointment with a Thrasher-Horne Center Wedding Specialist today!