Here at the Thrasher-Horne Center, weddings are second nature. Our massively accommodating Events Center has played host to hundreds of perfect weddings for couples all over the region. As a result, we’ve encountered numerous bridal checklists – all of which provided varying degrees of personal success for the new bride. After witnessing the best and the worst, we’ve assembled the following as your ultimate go-to list, which we’ll be doling out in monthly installments to keep you on schedule until your big day.
Wow, the clock just doesn’t stop. Just yesterday it was Valentine’s Day, and your engagement was brand new. Now we’re deep in the middle of June, and you’ve diligently checked off all the boxes on the first, second, third, and fourth month’s lists. Now you have a strong foundation on which to stand and are ready for your next round of tasks. Luckily, the Thrasher-Horne Center is here to provide you with Part Five of our yearlong wedding planning guide. Below, you’ll find your next steps on the path to a perfectly smooth blissful wedding.
Staying organized will keep you on track while you try to make your wedding memorable, awesome and creative. The items on our monthly checklists are your perfectly portioned must-do’s to make this spectacular event come together in a way that only we know how.
ABOUT 4 TO 5 MONTHS BEFORE
It’s just around the corner
Even though you’ve been diligently keeping everything in order, keep at it! Time will start to go quickly and your wedding day will be here before you know it!
- Order the cake. Consider additional options like candy dessert bars! And don’t forget the groom’s cake!
- Assemble the guest list for the rehearsal dinner. Traditionally this will be your wedding party along with family members and close friends.
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner venue. If your wedding has a theme, then check out places that might complement that theme. Check with your venue to see if they can accommodate your rehearsal dinner.
- Prepare playlists for the band or DJ. Make sure you choose music for your guests of all ages.
- Finalize the guest list.
- Book the honeymoon flights and hotels. Ensure that all necessary paperwork is in order. If you are traveling out of country, make sure your passports are current.
- Schedule hair and make-up artists. Try a few local places, take photographs and compare results. If some of your bridal party is local, then include them in the fun.
- Schedule dress fittings. You want to make sure you are relaxed and comfortable the entire time. Don’t forget to wear the same undergarments you plan to have on the day of your wedding!
- Select linens and flowers for the tables.
The Ideal Setting for your Wedding Day… The Thrasher-Horne Center, one venue which has it all!
Many stunning weddings have already been held at the Thrasher-Horne Conference Center! Nestled on the scenic St. Johns River State College campus in Orange Park, this venue provides the perfect atmosphere for your wedding and/or reception, with ample free guest parking, flexible catering choices with a full staging kitchen, and an accessible location right in the heart of Clay County. Comprised of six suites that can provide space in whatever design you envision, such as the Grand Banquet Room with comfortable space for up to 240 guests including enough room for dancing. Additionally, our other banquet or theatre spaces are the perfect setting for your wedding ceremony, combining both of your venue needs into one!
Call 904-276-6815 or visit http://weddingsjacksonvillefl.com to schedule an appointment with a Thrasher-Horne Center Wedding Specialist today!